In the past couple of years Cheryl has gone from a girl group wannabe to a national treasure. Currently reigning as fashion queen on X Factor, here Emily Solan tells you how to get her look.
Here are the key elements to Cheryl’s look:
- Polish – No matter what Mrs Cole is always preened to perfection. Ensure that your handbag is plenty big enough to hold the bare essentials – lipgloss and brush need easy access, but don’t forget all your make-up essentials.
- Mini-skirts – Cheryl knows that her legs are one of her best assets, so we see her in an amazing array of mini-skirts and dresses. Team with tights and heels to get the best from your legs, as these are leg lengthening wonders.
- Quirkiness – Showcasing some Gaga-esque looks on X Factor recently, her outfit on Saturday night was by David Koma, a recent graduate from Central Saint Martins, upping the audience to new talent. Look out for similar pieces when ASOS collaborate with CSM for their LTD100 collection.
So here are the pieces to watch out for:
- Flannel Bow Skirt, £32, Topshop – This versatile skirt can be dressed up with a dressy top or shirt, but it’s also a casual wonder. Team with tights and black court shoes to get a look Mrs Cole would be proud of.
- Shiny Court Shoe, £20, New Look – These back heels can be teamed with absolutely anything to give them a dressier edge. And for only £20 too, they’re a complete bargain.
- Bubblegum Pink Duffle Coat, £52, Dorothy Perkins – Cheryl was spotted in a very similar Mulberry duffle coat earlier in the year. She teamed it with PVC leggings and boots, but this bubblegum pink coat can be used to liven up any outfit. To top that it’s been reduced from £65 to £52, so there’s no excuse not to buy.
- Maisy Patent Large Shoulder bag, £55, Pauls Boutique (available from ASOS) – bang on trend with the patent leather and similar in structure to the Mulberry bags Cheryl tends to tote, this offers all the space needed without having to compromise on the look or price. The distinctive Pauls Boutique charms add a final colourful touch to any outfit.