What’s this? Two posts in one week. Wonders will never cease. Well this little post here is in honour of my dying my hair. I’ve forsaken by beloved ombre (to the relief of my entire family, I mean my Grandma has only just said it looked stupid) and I’ve gone over to the dark side with a beautiful chocolate brown shade. Pure Chocolate to be exact. And what better way to celebrate this than to post my Chocolate Brownie recipe, a rather splendid one if I do say so myself. This recipe is actually being copied from the time I had to text it to my boss. It is that good.
Makes quite a lot (or not if you make them for the staff of Victoria’s Secret like I do, they don’t last an hour)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees or Gas Mark 4.
- Melt 300g of dark chocolate in a pan with 300g of unsalted butter until they are only just melted. Leave to cool.
- In a bowl beat together 5 eggs (yes you read that correctly 5 eggs) with 450g of caster sugar until they are light and frothy.
- In another bowl (enjoy washing up!) combine 200g of plain sugar and a teaspoon of salt.
- When the chocolate has cooled slightly add it to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Sift the flour in gradually.
- Now for the fun bit, add whatever you want. In the past I’ve used a combination of white chocolate and cherries, and even pushed to boat out to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Just go crazy, but make sure its mixed in evenly.
- Pour into a lined baking tray and bake for about 40 mins (basically until a skewer come out clean).
- Cool for 10 mins, chop up and enjoy!
There you have it, widely renowned as the best brownie recipe ever. There is a reason I’m called the Brownie Queen at work!
In other news I’m watching far too many romantic comedies and getting bitter about Valentines Day, I do it every bloody year. Couple that with me and my sisters fight about girls watching football and you have a very happy Emily. No worries, I get to go to IKEA on Friday and I’m actually venturing out to see people too. What a social butterfly.
And to end, the song that is completely stuck in my head (not helped by the fact that I carry round one of their bags everyday and I’m currently devouring a book about them!)